Monday, April 6, 2009

Lincoln City, Oregon

Brian and I just got back from a FABULOUS long weekend in Oregon. It was for his Gma's 92nd b-day. (And as a side note I need to mention what an amazing woman she is....she slept in the top bunk!!! And she climbed out the first morning W/OUT the ladder!!) It was great because I got to meet some extended family on his mom's side! They are AWESOME! I had so much fun with them. We stayed in a great cabin in Lincoln City, on the beach. Amazing! We took all kinds of pics (which I will post when I get them downloaded.) and had fun hanging out with the fam. I got to see where Brian's mom is from....Hebo, Oregon. The cutest small, small town not too far from the Ocean. It was beautiful and fun to see where she lived, her high school, her elementary school, and other places she used to go. Late yesterday afternoon the Reeds all went to the Yaquina Lighthouse just south a little ways from Lincoln City (just north of Newport). The beach was really cool, tide pools and lava rocks. We took some fun pics with the fam and I was in heaven being at a Lighthouse. It was a much needed vacation. Nice to get out of Long Beach for a little while, and really hard to come back.

3 comments:

DeShelle said...

Sounds like a great place. Maybe I need to do a road trip!

Julie said...

I loved it. We flew Jet Blue from the Long Beach airport....I don't understand why Matt likes that airport. We hated it! Too cramped, too many people. We had to wait forever for our luggage. The bldg was cool though. I love that it was built in 1927...cool. But Bri and I don't want to fly out of there anymore. :)

Michelle said...

We lived in Oregon for 5 years. I loved it their. It is so pretty. Oh and the weather is to die for. Don't get that kind of weather around here in Texas. I would love to go back. Maybe someday!